Our slogan isn’t just about patients! We are proud of our one-on-one model that allows you the freedom to treat your patients the best way possible! We take your professional goals personally and work with you to achieve them. Our team structure provides the resources you need to be successful and satisfied with each and every day! Take the first step by submitting your resume today!
In this position, you will provide nursing care according to established policies and procedures in accordance with Federal, State, Local guidelines and nursing standards of practice. Develop and supervise the implementation of individualized plans of care, observes patient’s condition and communicate to Physician and family/responsible party as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, normal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides initial assessment visits in which evaluation of patient involves knowledge of admission criteria, instructing client in all admission documents, performs comprehensive physical assessments, including oasis data elements, and formulation of care plan.
- Provides skilled nursing care visits.
- Provides services requiring skilled nursing care, health teaching to the client and caregiver to achieve the client’s optimum potential or provides support during terminal stages of illness.
- Assures that progress reports are made to the physician for client under medical care when the client’s condition changes or there are deviations from the plan of treatment.
- Is responsible for maintaining a current medication record.
- Reviews the plan of care in consultation with the physician, clinical supervisor and other health care providers when appropriate.
- Projects a discharge date and provides discharge planning in consultation with the client prior to discharging the client.
- Maintains appropriate infection control techniques in providing a safe environment in the client’s home as per organization policy.
- Notifies the client of visit schedule.
- Is responsible for relaying client care information and instruction to other health professionals in the event the health professional is going to deliver care to the client.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Maintains clinical records and reports for each client receiving care in accordance with agency policy and reflecting client’s response to services rendered.
- Assists with reevaluating and revising the plan of treatment with the clinical supervisor as needed including re-certification as appropriate.
- Updates medication record as physician changes the client’s medication regime.
- Accepts responsibility for clinical coverage.
- Evaluates and coordinates services with as needed case conferences with the clinical supervisors and other organization personnel.
- Adheres to organization, state, and federal regulations.
- Attends in-service programs and meetings required by the organization.
- Reviews Policy and Procedure Manual periodically.
- Adheres to organization policies and procedures with respect to client care.
- Performs other related work as designated by the Clinical Supervisor and/or the Director.
- Is reliable in punctuality and attendance, adhering to organization policies.
- Complies with organization policies with respect to attendance.
- Complies with organization policies with respect to tardiness. Always reports to assigned work area at scheduled time.
- Does not experience absences which adversely affect the ability of the department to satisfactorily perform its essential job functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively work with a diverse employee work group.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to perform physical and psychosocial assessment of resident and family.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates caring attitude and good customer service skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A graduate of an approved professional school of nursing;
- RN licensed in the Commonwealth of PA;
- At least two year of recent experience as a Registered Nurse in home health setting preferred.
- Have a good knowledge of home health care eligibility requirements;
- Have the ability to deal with increased level of stress;
- Be proficient in administrative tasks;
- Have excellent communication and human relations skills;
- Have excellent organization skills;
- Be self-directed and self-motivated.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Must speak, read and write the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current licensure with the applicable state board of nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk long distances.
- The employee is frequently required to use arms, hands and fingers, to handle, reach, climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift 50 pounds, roll or transfer patients of variable sizes and weights.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- The employee is required to be able to provide transportation to and from the homes of their clients.
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)